YALOVA ATATÜRK MANSION

 YALOVA ATATÜRK MANSION

The first settlement in Yalova -located in southeastern side of Marmara Sea- and its environs date back to prehistorical period according to 3000 B.C. findings. Chronologically the location was under the reign of Hittite Empire (2000 B.C.), Phrygia Empire (1200 B.C.), Cimmerian Empire (700 B.C.), Bithynia Kingdom (600 B.C.), Roman Empire (74 B.C.) and Byzantine Empire (395). In 1326, it was annexed to Ottoman State with the name “Yalak-Abad”. At 15th and 16th century small sized construction and restoration works were done in the area then called “Yalıova”. In Republican period, in 1930 it became one of the counties of İstanbul and in 1995 it was declared as a province. Yalova gains extra importance as a place where Atatürk used to spend more time and establish closer relationships with his citizens. During his visits to Yalova he stayed at the mansion in Baltacı Farm until the mansion in Millet Farm was built. Then Atatürk Mansion was built in Termal county which aroused great interest of Atatürk with its natural therapeutic resources and green environs and the construction finished in a very short time. The wooden building next to Atatürk Mansion was built by the order of Sultan Abdülhamid II (1876-1909) as a resting pavilion and used as Aides’ Mansion in the early period of Republic. The originally wooden and two storeyed building was renovated later and took its current form. It has three vip lounges and eleven rooms and critical decisions in Republic history were made here. It was equipped with furnitures brought from Dolmabahçe Palace and later opened to public as a museum with these furnitures.

 

All Palaces and Pavilions
AYNALIKAVAK PAVILION
BEYKOZ PAVILION
BEYLERBEYI PALACE
DOLMABAHÇE PALACE
FLORYA ATATÜRK MARINE MANSION
IHLAMUR PAVILIONS
KÜÇÜKSU PAVILION
MASLAK PAVILIONS
YALOVA ATATÜRK MANSION
YILDIZ PALACE - CHALET
 
 
 
 
 
Adres: TBMM Genel Sekreterliği (Milli Saraylar), Dolmabahçe Sarayı - Beşiktaş / İSTANBUL Tel: 212 236 90 00 - Faks 212 227 66 73